Debt Warning Signs- Is It Time To Reach Out For Help?
It is often our human nature to wait until we are backed into a corner to reach out for help. Call it denial or whatever you want, we frequently try and navigate difficult situations on our own. How do you know when you may need help managing your money and debts?
There are some definite warning signs, which may indicate that you need assistance with your debts. These warning signs can include:
difficulty paying bills on time
receiving collection calls or past due notices
- living in your overdraft or line of credit
- losing sleep worrying about debts
- spending more than your income allows
- not paying credit cards in full each month
- impulsive spending due to financial worries
- hiding spending or debts from a partner
- allowing bills to stack up because you can’t pay them
- a decline by your financial institution to consolidate your debts
- no budget or spending plan in place
- feelings of hopelessness that you’ll never get out of debt
If you, or someone you know, are experiencing some of these warning signs please know that there is help available. Our Credit Counsellors can provide you with confidential, non-judgmental coaching about your situation for free. As a Non-profit Credit Counselling service, we can lay out all of your options for you and then let you chose what you think is best. Why not take advantage of a free service and get yourself back on the right path!