Infertility can be a debilitating life circumstance. Our Executive Director and Therapeutic Counsellor Kathy Jones has lived through this experience, and has a unique insight into the emotions involved. With her lived experience, Kathy can help you through this difficult period in life. Her goal is to provide an open, supportive, and confidential environment for you to discuss the difficulties you’re facing from infertility.
Whether it be an individual or a couple, Kathy can provide the assistance needed. Listed below are just a few examples of some common concerns associated with infertility which bring people to Family Service PEI:
- Stress, anxiety, or depression
- Relationship difficulties
- Feelings of guilt, worthlessness, anger, or bitterness
- Difficulty focusing
- Difficulty sleeping
- Financial struggles
Our professional, caring, supportive Master’s level counsellor Kathy Jones is here to help. Services available in English.
Due to being a not-for-profit our fees for therapeutic counselling are much lower than the fees charged by many private professional providers. Our standard fee for a one hour session is $95. However, fee subsidies are available for persons who are not able to afford this cost. The amount of subsidy available depends on the household’s income and number of dependents… and of course, our level of funding.
Extended health benefits (i.e. Blue Cross, Manulife etc.) may cover the cost of counselling. Each plan is unique; so it is the responsibility of the client to see what his or her plan covers and what limitations, if any, apply.
If your employer has an Employee Assistance Program then you and your family members may use the services included in your program at no cost. Your employer pays for these services as part of your employee benefits package. To know whether or not you are entitled to access the services of Family Service EAP contact your human resources or benefits department.
- Fees for services are to be paid at each session unless other arrangements have been made
- Receipts (in the name of the client being seen) are issued for payments
- Fees are charged for a minimum of one hour; after the hour, fees are in 15-minute increments
- Failure to keep a scheduled appointment or cancel by noon of the working day prior may result in being charged for the session
- Our Charlottetown office is only able to accept debit and cash payments; our Summerside office accepts cash only. Personal checks are NEVER accepted.